In the market today, ECommerce Website Design services have been gaining rapid attention for its alluring convenience and variety. The entrepreneurs turned to eCommerce in hopes of accessing this increasing demographic.
The creation of online businesses is easy with a combo of an ingenious idea and great software. Your only problem is how you can reel in your customers from thousands of online businesses? Use our help to access these best practices in eCommerce web design.
What is ECommerce?
ECommerce, or electronic commerce, is simply the buying and selling of products and services online. It also refers to any form of transaction between to entities done online. There are four types of online transactions:
- business to consumer (B2C)
- business to business (B2B)
- consumer to consumer (C2C)
- consumer to business (C2B)
Most eCommerce websites are B2C and B2B transactions. But no matter what type of business you have, we will be able to assist you in launching a successful online business website. Plus, we can fully guide you in exploiting the opportunities in the digital world with an inviting eCommerce website.
Why do ECommerce in the First Place?
ECommerce is a HUGE platform that any entrepreneur shouldn’t miss. In 2018 in the U.S. alone, online sales increased by 15% from the past year. And this number has been increasing every year since the birth of eCommerce. Not only is it a growing platform of ease for both buyer and seller, but it is also a business that has only one direction: growth. But aside from growth, here are the reasons why you should start an online business in the first place.
- Go global. Go beyond the boundaries of your local area and bring your business to a broader platform and even at a global scene.
- Go for a new market. You can start targeting a whole new set of demographics from a different group of people or even an entirely different culture.
- Go for accessibility. Increase the customer’s ease of contact and shopping through online malls. This eliminates the effort of traveling and incurring extra expenses.
- Go for affordable marketability. Even without spending a cent, you can market your products and services online organically.
- Go 24/7. Allow transactions in different time zones to enter through ensuring larger profits.
- Go for variety. ECommerce can support an assortment of products through the diversity of online consumers. You can also dig into products that are more sought after globally than locally.
- Go save money. ECommerce economizes a business’s budget. It removes the cost of hiring a large team of personnel to manage your goods and operations. You also save in real estate where you can expand your business to a global market without opening a branch. Furthermore, SEO tools and other promotional online tactics are incredibly cost-effective as compared to physical expenses.
What is ECommerce Web Design?
The design of your eCommerce website is the foundation of a successful online business. It is the smart and creative use of webpages to both attract customers and entice them to make a transaction. Your e-store acts as your retail store in the digital world. Like window shopping, your customers surf through the net to discover shopping sites with quality products. But, the problem is, creating an eCommerce web design does not solely focus on the offered goods. We also assess the functionality of the website: is it responsive enough? Is it easy to use? Is it accessible?
Why is ECommerce Web Design Important?
- The website, in itself, becomes a service you provide. It is a tool for consumers to view and buy goods and services. With a good design, they can easily check through multiple products in a minute than they could when they visit your brick and mortar store.
- The eCommerce website has a secondary role as a sales agent. Proper web design can act as an active sales pitch 24/7. Customers and other businesses also get relevant product information the moment they open a product page.
- It is the baseline for the first impression. Disorganized, distasteful, and complicated eCommerce web designs repel customers.
- It is the main driver in the marketing funnel. A marketing funnel is a step-by-step procedure beginning from the customer’s awareness of his/her purchase. After enticing the customers into your website, the next job is to keep and intensify their interest into a sale.
What Makes a Bad ECommerce Website?
For “shop-at-home” enthusiasts, there are some aspects of a website that causes them to be annoyed leading to abandoned carts and even an inclination to never visit that eCommerce site ever again. Here are the following are the most common features that tie up all the uninviting online stores.
A. Page Aesthetics
- Too cluttered. Your content is all over the place and images are in awkward positions that make a website look too busy.
- Poor image quality and inaccurate photos. One of the most annoying things we see as a shopper is a pixelated or unclear image of a product we want to buy. Plus, we also see photos of products that aren’t actually what the actual product is.
B. User Experience
- Frequent Pop-ups. If you have pop-ups every time you go to another page, this will drive your customers crazy and abandon your website.
- Complicated registration process. No one wants to fill-out forms after forms after forms and sensitive information that isn’t required when shopping online.
- Spam. Everyone hates spam.
- No mobile access. Most people shop on their phones, if your website isn’t optimized for mobile use, then you’re losing half of your customers.
C. Transaction Experience
- Lengthy check-out process. Online shopping should only be a three- to four-step process: shop, cart, and proceed to checkout. If those aren’t simplified, you’re going to lose customers who are willing to buy abandon stop midway and look somewhere else.
- Most importantly, unsecured payment and insurance. Financial security is vital. If you cannot offer a good and secure payment method, you’re never going to make a sale.
Essentials of an Awesome Ecommerce Website
A great eCommerce website carries the customer through a smooth ride from the homepage to the check-out. To ensure an exemplary site, it must avoid all those listed above and:
- Possess effective navigation tools to help the user probe through the entire site.
- Provide evident links on the information pages – “FAQs”, “about”, and “contact”.
- Be simple and be consistent on each page within the site.
- Strive for a clean layout with provided emphasis on call-to-action (CTA) buttons.
- Load within seconds since no user stays long for one website.
- BE UNIQUE. An uncommon sight, for all the right reasons, is more likely to stand out to a consumer. Yet, uniqueness is difficult to pull-off. Though you can get free eCommerce themes online, it grants you little creative freedom. If they do, you still need professional help to steer you in the right path.
Why Do You Need Custom ECommerce Web Design Services?
To obtain a novel web design under your direction, avail a customized eCommerce web design service. Instead of asking for the cost, cast your attention to the probable profits for a professionally done site. Meet and work with experienced developers to materialize your vision. And have a productive chat with the pros to align your mission to the website’s function. Plus, you get more when you have a professional create your online business website:
- Always be nearby.
Customize your website for all devices – from mobiles to desktops to tablets – that is in the consumer’s reach for their convenience and your profit. Gain full control over the user’s view of your website in their varying devices.
- Always send your users from the homepage to the cart.
We provide a user-friendly website with clear CTA buttons to leave no room for confusion.
- Always present a visual treat.
We provide a user-friendly website with clear CTA buttons to leave no room for confusion.
- Always get secured payments.
We provide certificates and secured payment methods for your customers.
- Always builds to increase brand awareness.
We don’t just create stunning websites, we also offer keyword research, link building, and social media promotions to get you more visitors.
- Always consult your analytics.
You will get a constant analysis of your website to monitor your sales and your traffic.
- Always stand out.
Mix your personality with your design and let the whole world know that this is your site. We make it unique, make it jump, and make it convincing that it is a one-of-a-kind shopping experience.
Start your venture now in the eCommerce world with KCMO Ads and customize your website to rank in the top search results with high visitor counts, conversion rates, and best link building services in Kansas City. Now that you know what you should be looking for from an eCommerce website above your initial expectations, let us know what you want and we will breathe it all to life. Call KCMO Ads and get a personal discussion on the possibility of working with us for web design Kansas City!